Monday, September 12, 2016

EuroFrau goes to Switzerland!

Hello followers! Guess where I'm blogging from? SWITZERLAND!


I am currently in Switzerland and staying with family friends. They live about half-an-hour away from Zurich. Guys, this place is beautiful. For instance, from the view in my room I can see mountains, many trees, and idyllic houses in the neighborhood and on the mountain. I'm currently sitting outside in a balcony and the temperature is great right now. It was hot during the day but now there's a cool breeze, just like there is every evening.

Here are some quick things I love about Switzerland so far.
- Free water! (There are beautiful fountains with cold fresh water.)
- People are super friendly here
- Chocolate is available everywhere
- The landscape is gorgeous
- Don't have to pay to use the public bathrooms

I'll keep you guys updated with my experiences here. One of them is my first time ever seeing a live soccer/football game.

First off, one of the sons of the family friends is a professional football player and he plays with FC Wil. He had a game yesterday and I went to see it. Usually, I'm not one for sports, They bore me or I don't understand the rules and have no desire to learn them. But, soccer is one of the most interesting sports for me because I think it's very intense to watch a game where it's likely for there to only be a score of about 1:0. Also, my sibling is a soccer fanatic so I've been exposed to the sport a lot.

My Ticket
Watching the game live was really cool. Not only can you see the players more clearly and hear them shouting to each other, but you get to experience the same moment with hundreds of other people. I always gasped when it looked like the other team was about to score and people would turn around to look at me but then they laughed it off. Also, everything in Switzerland is a lot cleaner, and the stadium was beautiful compared to American football games I've been to. However, I couldn't escape the smoking. Most people smoke here (like they do in Germany) and at the game was no exception. For someone who easily gets headaches from strong smells, that wasn't great but ah well. It was really cool to watch a game where I knew one of the players! The son was really good and he made some amazing moves, like swiftly kicking the ball to fly through an opposing player's legs. I definitely want to go to another live game. As for now, I'm going to go watch one on TV. Go Soccer!



No comments:

Post a Comment